Tuesday, May 10, 2011

In New York State, Part 3, Hey There Up There

   Needless to say, my trip thus far has been a great escape from the state of New York. However, some things never change - and even sound worse at times.




   I understand that this is Los Angeles, and it has it’s own crime to deal with, but I guess I didn’t imagine it would be a daily thing. Not with all the awesome places that exist here:





   You get the point.

   However, none of the kidnappings, murders, protests, car accidents, gas prices, or granny bandits have me looking over my shoulder - yet.


   Though the idea of an 80 year old thief is crazy enough to make me question my personal safety.


   Especially if they are batman.

   One thing that definitely has me feeling pretty awesome though is what I would like to call a personal ‘Leveling Up,’ as I have recently learned how to fly.


   No, not quite.

   Nope.

    Yes, but without the stupid suit made of primary colors.

   Yes friends, I totally learned to fly. It was surprisingly easy too. All it took was a little motivation and teaching from my own father to accomplish such a feat. The following conversation was the long and short of what took place before my flight.

   NOTE! My Dad has a thick Spanish accent, so be sure to include that when you read it.

   Me: “Hey Dad, what is the plan for tonight, anything in particular?”

   Dad: “Well, how do you feel about seeing Universal City, right next to Universal Studios?”

   Me: “That sounds awesome! How far of a drive from here is it?”

   Dad: “Drive? You snag, we’re not driving there.”

   Me: “Are… we taking a bus?… or ca..”

   Dad: “Snag. We are flying.”

   Me:
   Dad: “What, you never fly before?”

   Me: “Well I…”

   Dad: “Just do this. You will be in the air like it was nothing.”

This photo is part of a dramatic reenactment. 
   I thought it odd, but after a few tries, it worked. I was amazed by how much we as human beings miss out on having to stay inside a metal cabin to achieve flight. Being up in the sky, it really makes you see things for what they are. You realize how small you are, and how vast the world is. You see the world for what it is at such an elevation - beautiful and miraculous. When I was flying, I really felt in touch with the vibes of the world. It was like I could hear the whispers in the wind; the all the colors that the world has created; the taste of sky.


   And then I did indoor sky-diving. It was equally as awesome.


 
So, I guess there will be at least one more part in my most captivating of series’. Please be on the look out for the - for real - final part to my travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment